Well, as 2012 winds down I am reflecting upon what I’ve accomplished this year and where I want to go in 2013. I’m sure many of you are doing the same. What are your goals for 2013? Have you written them down?
This year I’m hoping to focus more on consistency of this blog. I know that I have been sporadic about my posts in 2012, and I’m hoping to change that in 2013. With that being said I would love to hear from you… what would you like to see more of here? Which social network is most important to you and your business in 2013? My goal is to help all of you achieve your goals as I achieve my own, so please connect with us on any or all of the social networks listed at the top right of this blog. Sign off with your answers in the comments, Tweet them to us, Post on our Facebook or G+ wall, or even shoot us an email. We will do what we can to post more of what you are looking to learn in the wonderful world of social media!
With the new year just days away, a few things you may want to consider doing to get yourself ready for success:
1) Review and update all of the social media channels you are on. Is any of the information out of date? Are store hours updated? When did you last update your profile pic and/or cover photo? Make a goal to check these sites at least each month to update them.
2) Plan out your content for each site. I firmly believe in utilizing a content calendar to keep things in order, and keep you on task for each social network that you are on. Utilize scheduled posts when possible, but do not schedule and forget.
3) If you have a website complete steps 1 & 2 for that too! It’s another extension of your business, and it should always be up-to-date with fresh and interesting content.
4) Plan out your overall marketing strategy. Do you have a business plan in place? If so, when was the last time you updated it? Where will you focus your attention in 2013? Where is your target demographic? Put it on paper. How much $ will you allocate for advertising?
5) Write down your specific goals for 2013 as far as number of new clients, number of total clients, total revenue, total profit… whatever your focus, you are more likely to achieve it if you have it written down.
What else is part of your preparations for making 2013 the best year yet?